Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh... I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the most recently launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
If that sounds ideal to you, we might have the perfect role for you…
As part of Bossa's technology team, you’ll work closely within our technology team to help define, develop and maintain the operations procedures to help support our genre defining multiplayer games. You should be an experienced DevOps Engineer with the ability to implement and manage a live operations pipeline to streamline the deployment of game code into the cloud. You should be able to work in a small-sized team and support and design effective operations procedures for multiple live games.
- Working closely across the business, you will help us define, create and maintain the DevOps stack and associated processes.
- Be our first port of call for any improvements or issues with internal DevOps services and systems. This will include fielding requests from developers, testers and working in collaboration with IT to respond to system specific incidents.
- You’ll also be pivotal in implementing and supporting our automation echo system, consisting of multiple CI/CD pipelines within a hybrid infrastructure to maximise the awesomeness of our concurrent game projects in the shortest time possible.
- Develop our logging/monitoring and alerting systems specific to deployment and testing, taking care of our logging aggregation solutions and data lifecycle.
- Ensure our DevOps documentation is up to date and comprehensive.
- Previous experience as DevOps or Systems Engineer.
- Solid Linux administering and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Docker in a production environment.
- Bash/Python scripting expertise in automation and integration.
- AWS/GCP or Azure cloud platforms experience.
- Networking expertise: modern networks operation and troubleshooting issues.
- CI/CD best practise and tools experience.
- Git/Perforce/SVN version control systems knowledge.
- Strong communication and cooperation skills, written and verbal, in English.
Bonus Points for:
- Gitlab or GitHub runners hands-on knowledge
- Experience with monitoring tools (CloudWatch, Grafana, Prometheus, etc).
- Logging systems experience (Loki, Graylog).
- Programming experience (C++, Go or C#)
- Unity build system configuration & programming
- Able to create performance metrics for CI infrastructure
- Passion for video games
- Xbox & PSN awareness/experience
- Annual Holiday Allowance – 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas and New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental – Provided by BUPA
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme – Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working – Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies – 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme – up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food – For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events – We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.