Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator 1&2, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
We’re looking for an incredibly talented Senior Product Manager to help us shape the relationship between our future titles and its players, working with teams and talent across the studio to create games that are great to play for the long run -- and always going above and beyond to treat players fairly.
The Senior Product Manager will support the definition of product vision through a commercial lens, own product monetisation strategy, and help shape feature requirements. Reporting into the Executive Producer, the Senior Product Manager will define and own KPI targets for their title, ensuring the product roadmap is well positioned to achieve these.
- Represent the commercial needs of the business within the game development team. Utilise your knowledge and experience of design, data insights, monetisation, distribution, and marketing to bring the disciplines together, working with the relevant experts internally.
- Collaborate with game design, production and publishing to explore the opportunity space and potential performance, and help define the vision, strategy, and business model for the game as a product.
- Work with creative talent to devise and implement novel, fair business models that take our titles into the future.
- Set and support the game’s performance goals and benchmarks, partnering with Analytics and Finance, and helping teams understand KPIs and how features or changes impact them.
- With the support of the Analytics team, analyse game metrics (acquisition, retention, engagement) and qualitative feedback to identify improvements for player experience and financial performance.
- Collaborate with game design and production to shape the development roadmap around learning and validation, and execute an effective validation strategy, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ensure production and marketing budgets balance against the business case, and that changes in scope are considered through the lens of commercial impact.
- Manage and mentor Product Managers, supporting their continued growth
- Passion for creating innovative, fun, and compelling games
- Product Management experience in games and free to play is essential (PC/console or mobile)
- Experience with multiple game development cycles, from early phases through to launch and live operations
- Deep knowledge of the games industry. Its trends, design paradigms, business models and go to market approaches
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Comfortable interacting with senior leadership. Skilled in engaging with interdisciplinary teams (Analytics, Publishing, Design, Production)
- Comfortable with taking ownership and accountability, a self-starter
- Ability to deliver data driven recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis and interrogating data
- Exceptional team player. Able to partner with and influence creative and technical talent alike
- Flexible working style. Agility in tackling both detailed problems and higher level product strategy
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.